The Adult Learner Services tutorial program offers adults free, confidential, one-on-one instruction in basic reading and literacy, communication skills for English as a Second Language (ESL) students, and preparation for the HiSET (formerly GED) exam.
Who We Serve
All individuals age 18 and older from the greater Nashua area who are looking for assistance in one subject area are eligible.
- Tutors and students generally meet 1 – 2 hours per week
- Students are required to attend lessons regularly and complete assignments
- Registration is ongoing beginning in September
Volunteer tutors receive training and ongoing support as they work in partnership with their students to reach individual educational goals. Friendships often develop as students and tutors learn from each other.
How to Enroll
All students and tutors must be interviewed by the Coordinator. To schedule an appointment call Connie Cullen, 603-882-9080 ext. 2208, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
The program is FREE to everyone.
What We Offer
Become a Tutor
- No previous teaching experience is necessary
- Training, materials, and ongoing support are provided by the Coordinator
- You may tutor 1 – 2 hours per week (flexible schedule)
- Tutoring sessions are scheduled at mutually convenient times and locations
- Tutoring is a rewarding experience that helps adult learners achieve their personal goals
Get a Tutor
Tutoring is free, and an opportunity to accomplish your goals in:
- HiSET (formerly GED) preparation
- English as a Second Language (ESL) communication skills