Overview of the Program
Get Ready for College is a free program designed to prepare students for a successful college experience. The 16-week program helps students explore careers, develop study skills, sharpen academic skills, and learn about college admissions and financial aid.
Students are also introduced to computer research skills and participate in college activities since the class takes place on the Nashua Community College campus. All students are expected to take at least one college course upon completion of the Get Ready for College program.
Who We Serve
Anyone who has achieved his or her HiSET (formerly GED), has completed the evening school diploma program, or has been out of high school at least one year qualifies for this program.
- Career counseling, pre-college academic skills training in pre-algebra, reading, and writing
- Basic computer skills
- 1 college credit from the Nashua Community College received for completion of First Year Experience (qualifying students only)
- College Survival Skills: college degree system, goal setting, time management, stress management
- Listening, note-taking, and research skills
- Visits to area colleges
- Consultation with college advisors and financial aid officers
- Administration of the Accuplacer and Companion assessments to students applying to the NCC
- Gift certificates to the college bookstore for students who complete the course
What We Offer
All students who complete Get Ready for College with a grade of B or better will receive one college credit from the Nashua Community College.
Classes begin in January and August, and are held for 16 weeks on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6:00 to 9:00 PM. Click here for a schedule.
How to Enroll
All interested students must schedule an interview prior to acceptance into the program.
Get Ready for College is a free class.
For more information and to schedule an appointment, contact the College Transitions Coordinator, Pam Coutermarsh, at 603-305-5842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also stop by the Adult Learning Center Office at Nashua Community College in room 125.
Or you can contact the Director of Adult Education, Lauren Osowski, at 603-882-9080 x263 or email email@example.com.