OVERVIEW OF PROGRAM
The Adult Learner Services/Tutorial Program offers adults free, confidential, one-on-one instruction in basic reading and literacy, communication skills for English for Speakers of Other Languages students, and preparation for the GED exam.
Volunteer tutors receive training and ongoing support as they work in partnership with their students to reach individual educational goals. Friendships often develop as students and tutors learn from each other.
WHAT WE OFFER
Become a Tutor
- No previous teaching experience is necessary
- Training and materials and ongoing support are provided
by the Coordinator
- You may tutor 2 – 4 hours per week (flexible schedule)
- Tutoring sessions are scheduled at mutually convenient times
- Tutoring is a rewarding experience that helps other achieve
their personal goals
Get a Tutor
- Tutoring is free
- This is an opportunity to have a tutor to help you accomplish
- Tutors are available to help with:
- GED preparation
- English for Speakers of Other Languages communication skills
- Volunteer tutors are always welcome
- Tutors and students generally meet 2 – 4 hours per week
- Students are required to attend lessons regularly and
- Registration is ongoing beginning in September
WHO WE SERVE
|All individuals age 18 and older from the southern New Hampshire area who are looking for assistance in one subject area are eligible.
HOW TO ENROLL
|All students and tutors must be interviewed by the Coordinator. To schedule an appointment, call Susan Katz at 603-598-8303 x 208 or email email@example.com.
| The program is FREE to everyone.
“I started meeting with my tutor is February, and now I have an opportunity to have a better life and support my family. When I graduate, I will get a better job and go to college.”
K. Kittredge, student